Gallery, Views of Vulcan
Vulcan is a 56-foot tall, cast-iron statute on Red Mountain overlooking Birmingham, Alabama, USA. It is one of the icons of the city. This photo series is being done in the spirit of Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji by Japanese woodblock artist Katsushika Hokusai [gallery of images]. Photos 1 through 10 originally posted on [Off Topic: Views Of Vulcan & Views Of Vulcan Project] 2014-2015. Project restarted 2020. Project explanation [Views of Vulcan, Revisited].
15. [REI Vulcan] pending
12. Virtual 5K. [Vulcan Stroll, Magic City Virtual 5K, November 2020]
11. Photo Class. [Spotted on the Vulcan Trail]
10. Kirklin Clinic parking deck, October 2015
9. from the Invitation to the 2014 Awards Ceremony
8. tourism brochure
7. ticket & souvenir postcard. art by Don Stewart.
6. ticket stand
5. Spotted at Vulcan. [Foto Friday: Spotted at Vulcan]
4. Moon over Homewood
3. view from the inside
2. Vulcan’s view
1. membership decal